Friday, February 25, 2011

X-rays take a long time!

This time I had another new patient that I have never met before. I wasn't able to look at her chart before hand either. That is always nerve racking!
My goal for the day was to be able to start scaling and get as much done as possible. I wanted to work fast! I feel like my OD is getting faster which makes me feel really good! When I got to look in her chart I saw that she hadn't gotten x-rays for over a year. Good and bad thing for me. I got to take a set of BWX and a PA, however that takes up a lot of time!! I did conventional for the first time on a clinic day. Those day light loaders take a lot of time!! And waiting for 10 films to process takes forever!! So needless to say, I didn't make my goal. I only had time to get through OHI. I felt like it was a really good thing for her though! She said the previous hygienist didn't use the disclosing agent and she seemed to like it! I was also really happy because when we brushed the plaque came off really easily and I was able to teach her how to angle her toothbrush. She kind of had a hard time with it at first, but I can tell she understood why she needs to do that.
I will hopefully see her again soon. I think I'll be able to kick out all 4 quads pretty quick. She doesn't seem to have too much calculus and I'm betting it won't be super hard.
Next time I take x-rays I need to figure out how to shave time off!! I can't imagine doing a FMX with conventional. That would take 2 hours!!

All in all, I liked working with my patient. She was very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment