Friday, February 24, 2012

Final Mockboard

What a disaster!!!

I am so sick of having disasters! Every mockboard for me has been a disaster.

To sum up.... My x-rays sucked and I forgot that she had a long HH and I had not looked in her mouth before the day of mockboards.... So what happened?? I got her checked in 30 minutes late! Do you know what that means? I should have been docked an hour and a half of time. So that would have left me with 30 minutes to clean. Good thing the instructors were extra kind!

It ended up that my patient had lots more calculus than I thought, I was nervous she wouldn't qualify but ended up submitting more than probably was necessary. So that was an answer to prayer, she qualified. One bad thing was that she had bronchitis and suspected that she has asthma. I read in a book like the day before that you can't use any motorized instrument with someone with respiratory problems. So I didn't use the ultrasonic, despite the crazy look from Alexander when I told her I planned not to use it. I didn't want to risk getting her sick though.

I missed kind of a lot of spots, but the highlighter was kind to me so I ended up passing. I just feel like a dork wad when I keep having crazy freak out days. I feel like everyone else finishes calm as a cucumber and I am always sweating and late and sucking. I think I am in a slump.

1 comment:

  1. "dork wad" "calm as a cucumber" These are reasons why I love you. I hope you are out of your slump. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete