Thursday, March 1, 2012

A day of Radiography

Today I doubled my PA's. My sister in law came in for a full mouth minus the bitewings. I did them conventional and didn't need any retakes so I was feeling good! Next my board patient came in for her x-rays. I think I had to retake every one... more than once. It was horrible!!!!! She didn't know how to have x-rays taken and she spoke spanish so I couldn't explain it very well. They were horrible!!! I was going crazy! Finally Marilyn saved my life and took them beautifully. I have no idea how she did it! I was so frustrated!!!!! How can I suck so bad on x-rays and then someone else comes in and does a perfect job? I don't get it. It was a pretty big bummer!!!

In the afternoon I had a class V. Should be easy right?? I tired the new schick sensor for the first time and it didn't do very well either. On the bitewings it could not get the bone levels of each arch. LAME! So I took 2 PA's to get the bone level. She was great to work with and was very complimentary. I was still way slow though! I should be able to clean a 5 in an hour by now, shouldn't I? The good thing with her was that I was able to do N2O. I wasn't even planning on it so that was a good surprise.

All in all, today I feel like a pretty sucky hygienist. Someday I hope it changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment