Friday, March 23, 2012

Only 3 more clinic sessions left!!

Holy smokes! I can't believe it is almost over!

Yesterday I had a hurried morning and a chill afternoon. My pt that I scheduled 3 weeks ago cancelled the night before. So I replaced him with my bro in law and my board pt. Justin's appt went well, except that he was 15 mins late. Then I had my board pt come in. She was seated at like 9:50. I only got 1 quad done, but had some fabulous help from Kayla with charting or else I wouldn't have even gotten to scale. This time what I did was explore and only scale where I felt calculus, instead of attacking each tooth with the same amount of vigor. I liked this method! I missed a couple spots, but I knew they were there and were super hard to get off. So I felt good about knowing where the calculus was, instead of just guessing. I want to be a competent explorer and I hope I get there someday! I love my board pt!! She is the sweetest lady! She will come back next week to finish everything.

My afternoon was one quad of a class III. I thought I had 2 quads to do or else I would have tried to fill my afternoon.... I'm not going to lie though, it was pleasant surprise to be done so early yesterday! I am sad though because I think her mandibular bridge from canine to canine is going to fall off soon!! The teeth are all fractured and sad looking! Darn it! It frustrates me! If she knew and understood more about teeth earlier in life, I know her mouth would be in better shape. There should be dental hygiene courses in high school!! Wouldn't that be fantastic??!!

1 comment:

  1. You should call Marilyn Pickett RIGHT NOW and have her add the Dental Hygiene for high school students teacher to that pamphlet about Alternative Careers. That is a winner idea. :) Maybe she'll give you an ADHA fridge clip for contributing.

    ReplyDelete