Saturday, March 31, 2012

It is getting closer!

2 more clinic sessions left!!! YIKES!!

This morning went great! I saw a 1A, got that requirement finished! Then finished my board patient, I am so glad I was able to finish her! Karlie Nichols helped a ton with cleaning and setting up my room! Thank You!!!

I had a lot of fun with my 1A! I wasn't rushed at all so we disclosed and talked a lot about how to keep his mouth clean. He was layed back and fun so we had an enjoyable time!

The afternoon was a whole different story! My patient whom has cancelled twice already this semester walks in and tells me that he can only stay an hour today. WHAT??? I was instantly pissed! And I am sure that everyone in clinic knew about it! ha ha I wear my emotions on my sleeve, baby! So I have been trying to get his 4 quads of a class III for like a month now and have wasted 3 clinic days on him so far and will yet waste another one when he comes back in to finish the rest of his mouth on the last day of clinic. If he doesn't come.... I will egg his house!

On a good note I passed off 3 PE's with him. Perry helped me with my curved ultrasonics and put into perspective how lame they are. ha ha. I only used it on like 2 teeth and then switched to the norm. One thing that he taught me was that I am not supposed to use the inside to instrument with. It is the side with the most power... however that is why you don't use it... never thought of that. Perry said it just causes more damage. I do not want to be damaging any sulci so I will not be using the inside of the ulrasonic anymore. I liked using my files in the monster of a pocket that this man has!

So after my "oh by the way I can only stay an hour" man left. Here I was with 2 hours of clinic time just a-wasting. Precious time that I needed to be using to get requirements done! Well, I had a pity me party for a minute. Called the husband and told him about my sorrows... then popped into action and went in search of someone to take a PANO on. I walked downstair and found the first person I saw and asked if they would like a free pano. I am so lucky! She was the nicest girl in the world!! Phew! A little bit of sweat, almost a tear, 15 bucks and another requirement almost finished. yay!

I have yet to get all my injections finished. I think it pretty much sucks that I am way behind on a requirement because my patient's haven't wanted to be numbed. How is this my fault? Answer: It is not. But what do we do? Jump through the hoops. My wonderful classmates are so great to offer their injections to me, which has been a blessing!

I am taking my National Written on Wednesday. I feel another whirlwind of a week coming on. YIKES!

2 comments:

  1. That was so crappy of him! I felt so bad for you! You handled it well though. I will help you egg his house if he doesn't show on the last clinic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you better follow through with that man. EGG HIS HOUSE! What a waster of appointments.

    ReplyDelete